Ismaila A sabo Hadejia

Ismaila A sabo Hadejia
(1)Wannan dai shine Hotona, wadda Idonku yake kallona. (2) Bayan na tafi gun Sarkina, zaku tuna ni watan wata rana. (3) In wani yayi kiran sunana, sai ku cane Allah yaji kaina. (4) Koda zakuyi jimamina, sai ku yimin addu'ah bayana. Marigayi Aliyu Akilu.

Saturday, January 31, 2015

HISTORY OF BAKIRIN HADEJIA...

HADEJIA A YAU!
BY: S. Ginsau...


Bariki is a Hausa corruption of the English work barrack, The Bariki in Hadejia town is an old Government Reserved Area (G.R.A.) which contains some important colonial structures. It is located in the eastern part of Hadejia town, at the outskirts of the town, about 2km from the Emir's palace. Bariki was built in 1905 mainly to serve as a new base for the British: specifically,as the barracks of the "B" and "C" Company of the imperial army - the Royal West African Frontier Force (RWAFF) - which later invaded and occupied Hadejia in 1906. After the establishment of colonial rule, bariki became the permanent
residence of the divisional officer (D.O) in charge of the Northern Division, His office was also established there. Other British colonial officers such as the divisional medical officer and the works engineer had their residence and offices located there.

The colonial structures at bariki-were initially built with mud blocks, However, after the consolidation
of colonial rule, the mud-buildings were replaced with that of burnt bricks which were manufactured at filin birki, also in Hadejia town, in the early 1930s. After independence in 1960, bariki continued to serve as the residence and office of the (D.O) and other senior government officials. The D.O.'s office also became the first Hadejia Local Government Secretariat, after the
1970 local government reforms.

The colonial structures at bariki-were initially built with mud blocks. However after the consolidation of colonial rule, the mud-buildings were replaced with that of burnt bricks which were manufactured at filin birki, also in Hadejia town, in the early 1930s. After independence in 1960, bariki continued to serve as the residence and office of the (D.O) and other senior government officials. The D.O.'s office also became the first Hadejia Local Government Secretariat, after the
1970 local government reforms.HADEJIA A YAU!