HADEJIA A YAU!
The narratives of Binyaminu Usman College of Agriculture, Hadejia now Binyaminu Usman Polytechnic, could not be complete without identifying with the former Provost and Rector.
Prof. Muhammad Auwal Hussaini . The
journey begins four years ago, precisely on 19th September, 2012 when he took over as the 2nd Provost of the former autonomous College of Agriculture. His arrival at the scene brought hope and revolutionized the institution to stand tall among its contemporaries.
Prof. M.A.Hussaini as erudite professor
of Agronomy brought his wealth of experience to bear on every sphere of the institution. He came at a time when the College was desperately in need of
leadership with vision to frontally steer the ship of the crisis ridden institution which clearly manifested in low students’ enrolment, low teacher to students ratio, obsolete equipment, low staff moral and a kind of generalized hopelessness. To his credit within shortest time the scenario changed for better. The manifestation of his good leadership style could be recognized through modest achievements recorded in the following areas:
1. Increasing number of academic staff: The academic staff was strengthened by
54.76% rise by recruitment of competent and dedicated staff through open and transparent process for the first time in the history of the College; from 38-84 academic staff.
2. Establishment of new academic programmes: the number of academic programmes of the institution were rised from four(4) National Diploma
programmes to nine (9), 55.55% increase. Also 0-5 Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes were equally established. Eight (8) programmes were granted interim accreditation by National Board for Technical Education (NBTE).
3. Provision of laptop computers to all
academic staff and strategic non- academic staff through National Communication Commission (NCC) ICT
4. Digitization of Student Record and Staff Management System by establishing first website and portal of the institution.
5. Digitization of admission process, results processing and examinations management.
6. Establishment of Management Information System Unit (MIS) for the institution.
7. Provision of Wireless Internet Service at the institution library.
8. Reinvigorating the institution’s animal farm by providing necessary facilities.
9. Establishment of functional poultry
farm for the institution.
10. Establishment of standard orchard
11. Establishment of Date Palm plantation.
12. Establishment of Moringa plantation.
13. Establishment of Neem Tree plantation at new campus of the institution.
14. Establishment of Guava plantation.
15. Completion of new site of the institution with state of the art facilities.
16. Establishment of modern Digital Metrological Station (DMS).
17. Regular payment of staff development packages.
18. Regular supply of staff welfare package
19. Establishment of Staff Welfare Committee (SWC).
20. Establishment of fish farm and hatchery.
21. Regular training and retraining of staff on areas of strategic interest to the institution.
22. Speeding process of result collection.
23. Landscaping of major roads at new campus.
24. Providing mentorship to staff.
25. Drastically reducing corruption in
admission and examination through the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
26. Establishment of Monthly Bulletin
for the institution in order to improve image of the institution. And above all, on 15th January, 2016 the College was upgraded to status of a Polytechnic by the Jigawa State Government.
Prof Dedication to work is uncommon as he demonstrated by coming to office
regularly; from Monday to Friday sometime even on weekends.
These traits really had endeared him to
many. Unlike contemporary Africans, when his first term was coming to an end many people encouraged him to seek for second term but he told them that he has done his best to the institution and therefore there is need for him give chance for somebody to try and consolidate on his gains. The Polytechnic community will certainly miss his humbleness and dedication to service.
As you retire as our Rector we fervently pray that May Almighty Allah reward your meritorious service to your state and your country and may he give you good health and strength to continue to render selfless service to humanity.
Thank u sir.